Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Romans Continued 5:12-10:21

A. All Have SINNED and FALL short of the GLORY of God.

1. 5:12 Sin entered the world through one man. And death through sin. Therefore all sinned.
2. It is a sinfully stained world
3. Quote “A Holy life is every preacher’s badge of authority, and his shield of protection for living pure in a sinfully stained world.” Orville W. Jenkins. Add every believer’s/every preacher’s.

B. The SIMPLE way of SALVATION

1. Just as sin entered into the world through one man so has salvation come to us.
2. There could have never been a simpler way of doing it.
3. We don’t have to have a seminary degree to know the way of salvation
4. It is as simple as Repent. (Matthew 4:17).

C. Salvation’s long journey

1. Living in Christ 6: 11.
2. The excitement of Salvation must continue in all life’s aspects. 6:11-14.
3. Sin must not be our master but we must master it. I tell my body what to do not what it tells me to do. If I lived my life the way my body wants, it would be a disaster. Thank the Lord for Grace. By the grace of God, I am what I am. I am the righteousness of God. No devil on earth and in hell can dictate what I do.

D. Victory over Sin

1. We must become slaves of righteousness and not sin no more. 6:18.
2. All the things we continue to struggle against were all paid for on the cross
Healing is mine, Deliverance is mine, victory is mine, and courage is mine, because Jesus said so.
3. For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
4. The benefit we reap leads to HOLINESS (6:22)
5. 7:6. It Is a continual process that never gives up.

E. It is time to hand it over to God.

1. My future belongs to him. I may suffer today but I know who holds tomorrow. The song writer says, “because he lives I can face tomorrow, all fear is gone”. Fear is a negative form of faith. The more you fear it the stronger it becomes and it builds up. 8:18. 8:25.
2. We must remain hopeful. 8:25. It may not happen now, but I know its going to happen some day. They may mock me now but I know its going to happen some day. They mocked Noah, and look what they got.
3. God’s love is ALL. 8:37-39. We are more than conquerors through Christ who strengthens us. After all is said and done, nothing will separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

F. THE WAY OF SALVATION

1. Christ is the end of the Law 10:4.
2. All you got to do is to believe (10:9)
3. Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame (10:11)
4. Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved (10:13)
G. Benediction
We must continue to preach the message with which we are sent. 10:14-15.

4 comments:

Dani Kekoa said...

Hi Philip - I was curious to know what your take is on "gay" Christians? It seems to be more and more widely accepted in today's church and I was wondering how you interpret the Scripture to read in regards to homosexuality. Perhaps you can do a post on it sometime?

Hope all is well!

Philip Friday said...

Hello Dani. Thanks for the question. "Gay" Christians is a perversion that has invaded the Church and I reject it totally. It is totally way out of God's plan for man. It is a pity to see the Church accepting such acts of perversion. Based on my current series on the Book of Romans, 1:26-27 says, "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion." Unfortunately, even the Church leadership is becoming tolerant and perverting from God's will. I will surely do a post on this sometime. Otherwise all is well.

Thank you.

Dani Kekoa said...

That's good to know. I figured you believed that homosexuality is a perversion, but it's always good to hear other Christians uphold the Truth in God's Word without compromise. I've come across a few so-called believers that interpret the Romans passage to say that God only condemns “promiscuous” homosexuality and “lust,” but He's okay with monogamous and loving homo relationships. I've found that this blatant disregard for Scripture and the perverting of the message is only a means to justify sin and sexual immorality. It's so tragic that many churches today are embracing this queer theology and teaching it as sound doctrine. Looking forward to your upcoming posts.

Take Care and God Bless!

Philip Friday said...

Thanks Dani. Indeed the perversions are taking a whole new dimensions. Where Christians are beginning to become people pleasers instead of obeying God's word. Pacifying our differences without pointing out to the truth doesn't amount to any help but instead it ruins God's perfect plan for our lives. I wish the truth was still taken seriously as it should be.